Some of our Support Meetings have involved demonstrations of good practice for better health. In particular our physiotherapists have given several talks that offer practical help.
Physiotherapy- breathing techniques and importance of exercise for patients with aspergillosis.
By Philip Langridge view Slides or Notes
Physiotherapy- how to produce a sputum sample when asked - tips to help.
This is a modified concise version of the breathing techniques described above.
More recently our physio's have given several more talks to our Patients Support Meetings (this time audio and slides rather than video) on the following subjects:
Our collection of recording of our Patient Support Meetings is now quite comprehensive and covers a wide range of subjects inclucing
There is much more to see - browse the whole list
View video interviews with patients who have aspergillus - sharing their experience with others.
- Stewart Armstrong's personal account and appeal on discovering he has aspergillosis
- Interview with Catherine - who developed aspergillosis following a renal transplant. She was successfully treated with antifungal drugs. (Video- with thanks to Pfizer).
- Interview with Patient JW - on psaconazole, with asthma and ABPA - describes treatment with 3 different azoles.
- Interview with Patient DW - asthma, ABPA and a photosensitive rash to voriconazole treatment
- Interview with Patient HM - asthma and ABPA showed marked improvement on nebulised amphotericin B
- Interview with Patient RW - chronic pulmonary aspergillosis
- Interview with long term ABPA patient - very severe coughing produced huge plugs
- Interview with patient MD - aspergilloma and pulmonary aspergillosis -develops azole drug resistance
- Informal patient group videos Topics: Antifungals, Physiotherapy - Breathing & exercise.
- Health effects of mould exposure
View short clips from patients attending the patients meetings describing their experiences and using the National Aspergillosis Centre:
Elizabeth with allergic aspergillosis.
A patient with an aspergilloma
A patient with severe asthma with fungal sensitivity
A patient's wife describes her husband's CPA and their experiences.
A patient's wife describes her experiences.
Aspergillosis for Patients meeting in Rome
Several videos from the meeting for patients at the 5th Advances against Aspergillosis in Rome, February 2010, a series of talks from medical specialists designed to inform a range of patients: Rome Meeting - view videos.